Everyone loves panettone and some of us receive more than one for christmas, as well as buying our own! So what do you do with it? You use it to make a bread and butter pudding. It’s literally the best thing ever! Of course panettone comes in all flavours so you don’t have to use the classic one to make this recipe, you could use a lemon one, a chocolate flavour or even just the plain pandoro.
- 50g butter, softened
- 250g panettone(about 5 medium slices)
- 2 eggs
- 145ml double cream
- 225ml milk
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- icing sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 160C and grease a shallow baking dish with a little butter. Cut the panettone into wedges, leaving the crusts on. Butter the slices lightly with the rest of the butter. Cut the slices in half and arrange them in the dish, buttered side up, overlapping them, so there are no gaps.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, and sugar and pour evenly over the panettone.
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes and then bake for 35 minutes until the pudding is just set – it should be yellow inside and nicely browned on top. Dust with icing sugar. Enjoy!